Below are some useful links to assist you in continuing your research on retirement.
Floridacommunities.com has no affiliation with any of these sites (although we are members of most of the chambers of commerce). When you click on a link, a new window will open and you will be taken to the selected site.
FACTURY BUILT HOMES MANUFACTURED LINKS
PALM HARBOR HOMES
FLORIDA HOUSING MANUFACTURING
ONLINE SENIORS ORGANIZATIONS
- ALLIANCE FOR AGING RESEARCH www.agingresearch.org The Alliance for Aging Research is a not-for-profit advocacy organization fighting for science policies in the nation’s capital to speed breakthroughs for greater health, vitality and longevity.
- ALZINFO.ORG www.alzinfo.org/ALZINFO.ORG is a site of the Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Research Foundationproviding comprehensive information about Alzheimer’s disease
- BENEFITS CHECKUP – A SERVICE OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL ON THE AGING www.BenefitsCheckUp.org A free, easy-to-use service that identifies federal and state assistance programs for older Americans. Researching these
programs used to be a time-consuming, frustrating experience. But no longer. The National Council on the Aging created
BenefitsCheckUp to help older adults to quickly identify programs that may improve the quality of their lives. Family and friends
can also obtain facts about benefits that their loved ones may qualify for. Chances are, you will be surprised to learn what
benefits are available to you, regardless of your income.
Companions, Nurses, and Other In-Home Elder Care Providers . A seniors’ resource including a listing of resources by state in seven categories: housing resources, transportation resources, home care, end-of-life care, legal resources, financial planning and management, and health care.
- CAREGUIDE.COM https://careguide.comThis site offers resources about aging and elder care, ranging from support with daily living, financial and legal information as well as community support.
- CENTER FOR MEDICARE SERVICES: MEDICAID INFORMATION http://cms.hhs.gov/medicaid/Outline of services covered by the Medicaid program. Describes services provided by nursing homes and hospices; rehabilitation; personal care; occupational and physical therapy, and speech, hearing, or language disorder therapy; treatment for individuals with mental diseases; targeted case management; home and community-based care; and home health care. Discusses coverage considerations.
- DISABILITY SECRETS (of Social Security and benefits) www.disabilitysecrets.com/ Applying for social security disability and SSI benefits can be difficult due to how long a claim may take and the high chance of being denied. But those who are denied disability can win benefits by utilizing the appeals process. To increase the chances of winning, applicants should learn about the system and file an appeal when a claim is denied. This is the place to learn the secrets of the system from those who know it inside and out!
- ELDERCARE ONLINE www.ec-online.net/ElderCare Online is a beacon for people caring for aging loved ones. Whether you are caring for a spouse, parent, relative or neighbor, they provide an online community where supportive peers and professionals help you improve quality of life for yourself and your elder.
- ETHICALWILL.COM www.ethicalwill.comEthical wills are a way to share your values, beliefs, lifelessons, hopes for the future, love, and forgiveness with your family and community. This site has information on creating an ethical will.
- FOUNDATION AIDING THE ELDERLY www.4fate.org/Assuring our elders are treated with care, dignity and the utmost respect during their final years when they can no longer take care of themselves.
- FUNERAL RESOURCES https://funeralresources.comInformation on all aspects of funerals, including planning, guides, memorial services, casket selection, grief and loss, funeral home directory in several nations including USA, U.K., Mexico, Canada, Australian, and more.
- MEDICARE INFORMATION CENTER www.medicare.gov Medicare’s own information center for those needinginformation on all the services provided by Medicare.
- MENTAL HEALTH AMERICA: Coping with Loss: Bereavement and Grief www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/coping-loss-bereavement-and-grief Coping with Loss: Bereavement and Grief. In Crisis? Call 1-800-273-TALK
- NATIONAL ACADEMY OF ELDER LAW ATTORNEYS www.naela.orgThe mission of NAELA is to enable elder law attorneys toidentify and meet client needs through the exchange of ideas and information on substantive elder law issues and the management of successful elder law practices. NAELA promotes improvement in substantive law, legal education, and ethical guidelines in serving older persons. NAELA serves as a key public policy advocate on behalf of older persons.The National Association to Stop Guardian Abuse is an organization formed by victims and for victims of unlawful and abusive guardianships and conservatorships.
- NATIONAL CENTER FOR VICTIMS OF CRIME www.victimsofcrime.org/help-for-crime-victimsThe National Center for Victims of Crime is the nation’s leading resource and advocacy organization for crime victims. Since 1985, they have worked with more than 10,000 grassroots organizations and criminal justice agencies serving millions of crime victims..
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON AGING www.nia.nih.govThe National Institute on Aging has been at the forefront of the Nation’s research activities dedicated to understanding the nature of aging, supporting the health and well being of older adults, and extending healthy, active years of life for more people.